Friday, May 16, 2014

Chef'n Strawberry Slicer

   So, there I was at Target. Garlic chopper, yes please, olive oil mister, check. But wait, what is that? A strawberry slicer? Well that's silly, just use a knife. Then I remembered, since we started this 21 Day Fix, I'm eating about 2 cups of strawberries a day, and I like them cut up small. So I said what the heck, toss that in the cart too (Isn't it always like that at Target?).

                                 
     
     After my workout, it's time for my bedtime snack. Strawberries and pineapples it is. Delicius and the strawberry slicer worked beautifully. Next day, strawberries and yogurt for a snack, yumm. Then lunch time rolls around. I decide I'll have the other half of my Chick-Fil-A spicey chicken sandwich, but what veggies should I have? There's zucchini, but that's a pain to cut, and I'm soooo tired of raw baby carrots. Lightbulb! Maybe that strawberry slicer will work? I cut the zucchini into 1" chunks, stick it in the slicer, and with a little bit of work, BAM! Evenly sliced zucchini.
                               
 
     I start steaming that and decide steamed carrots sound good too, not to mention my son will probably want whatever I'm eating, so I better cook extra. I cut a carrot to size and stick it in. It won't slice. So I cut that carrot in half and try again, success! 
 
    
     Steam that all too, mix with zucchini, drizzle with olive oil & balsamic vinegar (for the record, leave out that balsamic vinegar), sprinkle some sea salt, and viola! Lunch!
                                
     
     So between 1/2 a chicken sandwich and about 1 cup of this steamed veggie mix, I'm writing this on a full stomach. I'm so glad I figured this out, considering the mandolin slicer I just bought is useless. It's a nice time saver and so much more worth that $15 now that I can use it for more than just strawberries. Any shortcuts, as a mother and as someone trying to eat healthier, are much needed and so time-saving. And honestly, neither Target or Chef'n know who I am or that I'm writing this. I literally just figured this out and had to share it with you all. I can't wait to see what else I can slice up in this thing! 

     Have you found a new use for an odd kitchen gadget? Or maybe just a tool around the house? Tell me in the comments below! 


     
     P.s. If you're interested in any Beach Body programs or products, you can shoot my husband a message at imenew@gmail.com


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12278081/?claim=fhzjkaz4jpx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment